This is the second publication of our future plans. Link to the first.
In this post, we will talk about the Advanced Manufacturing trends and skills observatory.
VET providers ignore the latest developments of labour market trends, technologies, and skills. It is paradoxical because there is plenty of good quality information such as Cedefops’ work on skills intelligence, ESCO databases, and many others produced by the EITs, EU projects, and big consultancy firms. This is similar for SMEs and regional and provincial governments.
We must make labor market, skills, and technology trends information available and useful for VET providers, regional and provincial authorities, and SMEs. To do that, we will set up an observatory.
The observatory will:
- Identify technological trends affecting (in terms of risks and opportunities) the AM sector in Europe and share this information.
- Identify competences demanded by the AM in Europe.
- Identify new occupations emerging in the AM sector in Europe.
- Identify changes on current Jobs due to the digital transformation
- Identify new trends in Advanced Manufacturing education, new digital technologies, and methodologies that could enhance AM education.
- Share all this information for free to the VET community and sector organisations.
Different agents such as:
- R&D centres and Universities
- VET/HVET centres
- Policy makers
will work together in the observatory.
Keep visiting our web for more news about our plans!